Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Day You Went Away

I have always been comforted by death. To me, death, the quiet and peaceful dying, ends all pain and suffering. And I look forward to that freedom of all this worldly troubles.

Last week my paternal grandfather died. I grew up spending most of my evenings and sometimes early mornings watching tv in his home office. He has the best colored tv in the house at that time. I learned to appreciate Philippine basketball and foreign crime tv series with him. I don't know how his last breath happened but I knew it was a bit difficult. My grandfather has been in the hospital bed for too long because of old age complications. I hate to admit it, but he was just waiting to be reunited with his Creator and all his loved ones that left before him. He was in pain most, if not all, of those times. Even if he can not verbalize it, you can see it in his eyes and feel in the resistance of moving him.  And all you wish is for him is to feel better, be happier, even for one last time. And if it means he has to go, even it means we have to feel the last pain of letting him go, and shed that last tear of goodbye, so be it.

Be well now Lolo. Say hi to Lola for me.

photo source


No comments:

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 17 September 2009
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.